With the exception of memberships and Manna Gift Cards, FMA Fundraising for the 2020-21 school year is currently on hold as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Fundraising for the Fremd Music Program falls into one of 3 categories:
These events benefit the entire Music Program (band, orchestra and choir) and are held during the school year:
- Fall semester: in 2019 this was a Murder Mystery Dinner. In prior years this was a Floral & Design Showcase.
- Spring semester: this is our popular annual Trivia Night contest.
These events benefit one or more of the departments in the Music Program. Examples include:
- Band Benefit: held in the spring semester, this raises funds for all 4 curricular bands, the jazz bands and the Viking Marching Band. It features band performances, a catered dinner and silent auction.
- VMB March-a-Thon: held in the summer prior to Viking Marching Band (VMB) camp.
- Dine and Share Nights: held on an ad hoc basis throughout the school year.
FMA Student Accounts
The FMA provides fundraising opportunities for students who wish to offset the cost of optional music department-sponsored trips and other FMA-approved activities (per FMA Standing Rules). All proceeds earned by the students are deposited into their FMA student account, and students may add to their account the entire time they are enrolled at Fremd.
Fundraisers vary each year depending on the availability of parent volunteer organizers. Examples include:
- Cookie dough sales (good frozen or baked!)
- Lou Malnati’s pizza sales
- Baker’s Square pie sales
Additionally, student accounts may be replenished through the FMA Benefit Mobile and GLSC/ ShopWithScrip gift card program (aka Manna Gift Cards), available year-round.
The chair of the Scrip Program is Rose Tader (email email@example.com if interested in volunteering). This features gift cards to many of your favorite retailers – purchase for your own use or give them as gifts. A percentage of each card’s price gets credited to the student account (varies by retailer). Orders are processed and delivered weekly.
New ideas welcome any time! Contact FMA’s President, Toni Hochhalter, at firstname.lastname@example.org